Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Confessions of a Sweet Tooth

I confess, I have a bit of a sweet tooth. More specifically, warm, buttery, sweet, fall apart, right from the oven cookies are my, oh my! For as much as I like sweet tasting things, it stands to reason that I love sweet smelling things.

Have you ever noticed when you go to a bakery, the person behind the counter is usually thin. You ask, "How do you stay so thin working in a bakery?" To which, under their breath they mutter, "Wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard that." Scientific research suggests that prolonged exposure to certain sweet smells may actually curb the appetite. So the benefit of being elbow deep in producing sweet smelling things means fewer inches on my hips.

I can't say this theory is 100% fool proof. Actual results may vary. This past week while trying to talk myself out of a snickerdoodle cookie, I decided to channel my cravings into creating a new product instead. Sadly, the cookie craving didn't subside, but out of that craving came a new product.

Introducing our new Oatmeal Bath Cookie. This little cookie is loaded with good for your skin ingredients like oats, milk, honey, cocoa butter, and more. It's also loaded with the sweet scent of buttery vanilla icing. Each cookie weighs 2 oz., and are sold in a package of 5 for $9.99


More scents coming soon!

2 comments:

Bad Momma said...

Interesting theory. I think I need to start bathing daily with chocolate chip cookie bath cookies. Can you make these with a "Fresh-Baked" scent or will I need a special candle to achieve this aroma?

Barb said...

Certainly! I add a secret ingredient to our Bath Cookies and Bubble Cakes that give them that warm, fresh from the oven scent. Of course, a like scented soy candle can only enhance the overall experience.

BTW, Chocolate Chip Bath Cookies are in the test kitchen at the time of this post. Perhaps we can coax you into being one of our testers!?!